Using phpBB as your Joomla Comments Engine

This is where article comments will be kept.

Re: Using phpBB as your Joomla Comments Engine

Postby King-Nothing » Tue Mar 10, 09 1:25pm

Well, I am now getting the same error as Nuke:

Warning: include(./default/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/1/t/trommeforum/www/joomla2/plugins/content/boylan-comments.php on line 64

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './default/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/1/t/trommeforum/www/joomla2/plugins/content/boylan-comments.php on line 64

And yes, the path is set to ./forum/
King-Nothing
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 11, 09 2:13pm

NEW RELEASE - VERSION 0.21!!!

As some people have pointed out, there was a problem with 0.2, so I've fixed it (I think) and released 0.21, available in the article. One stupid mistake was found. Please try this one out to see if I've broken anything else.

Thanks,

Chris
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bluegene » Sat Mar 14, 09 1:43pm

Still one issue with module on index page. RokContentRotator module is posting short news. In this module are some articles (very short news), when Comment plugin adds "Post a comment", page is not loaded fully after this. If I can exclude Section or Category from being scanned by Comment plugin, think it would solve issue.

Chris, please see ppt I've send you.
bluegene
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 15, 09 10:18am

bluegene wrote:Still one issue with module on index page. RokContentRotator module is posting short news. In this module are some articles (very short news), when Comment plugin adds "Post a comment", page is not loaded fully after this. If I can exclude Section or Category from being scanned by Comment plugin, think it would solve issue.

Chris, please see ppt I've send you.

Got it. Selecting by section and category will be added when I create a component for this plugin, which will be shortly, I hope.

That being said, I'm still not completely sure why that is happening. It may be a CSS issue. Have you tried publishing the plugin with CSS to hide it? Something like:
.boylanComments {display:none;}

in your CSS file? If that fixes things, then this is a CSS problem and can be fixed easily.

Or, is the plugin somehow halting the output of the rest of your page? Does the HTML just cut off at that point?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bluegene » Sun Mar 15, 09 3:28pm

Hi,

Just to answer your questions:

- HTML code - I don't think that here is HTML cut off, because I can see complete HTML code of index.php in my Web browser (HTML source).

Here is part of HTML where issue occurs:

<div class="rok-content-rotator"><div class="rotator-2"><div class="rotator-3"><div class="rotator-4">
<ul>
<li>
<h2><a class="rok-content-rotator-link" href="#">An Incovenient Truth</a></h2>
<div class="content">
<div class="slide4"> <div class="rotator-demo-text"> <span class="rotator-demo-header">An Incovenient Truth</span> <span class="rotator-demo-desc">Neugodna istina koja je potresla svijet</span> </div> </div><div class="boylanComments"><a href="/./forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=97">Post a Comment</a...
</div>

</li>
<li>
<h2><a class="rok-content-rotator-link" href="#">Viđenje iznad Kabula</a></h2>
<div class="content">
<div class="slide3"> <div class="rotator-demo-text"> <span class="rotator-demo-header">Kabul</span> <span class="rotator-demo-desc">NLO viđenja u Afganistanu su postala već svakodnevnica ali su i dalje misterija.</span> </div> </div><div class="boylanComments"><a href="/./forum/viewtopic.php?...
</div>
</li>
<li>
<h2><a class="rok-content-rotator-link" href="#">Iluzija na obali Kine</a></h2>

<div class="content">
<div class="slide2"> <div class="rotator-demo-text"> <span class="rotator-demo-header">Nevidljivi grad</span> <span class="rotator-demo-desc">Tisuće turista i lokalnih građana osvjedočili su iluziju grada.</span> </div> </div><div class="boylanComments"><a href="/./forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=99...
</div>
</li>
<li>
<h2><a class="rok-content-rotator-link" href="#">Izgubljeni gradovi Marsa</a></h2>
<div class="content">
<div class="slide1"> <div class="rotator-demo-text"> <span class="rotator-demo-header">Mars</span> <span class="rotator-demo-desc">Objašnjenje najnovijih MRO fotografija koje pokazuju umjetne strukture na Marsu.</span> </div> </div><div class="boylanComments"><a href="/./forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1...
</div>
</li>
</ul>
</div></div></div></div>

Notice this title: "An Incovenient Truth" and this title "Viđenje iznad Kabula" - these are first two articles shown in this module - rok-content-rotator. Other 2 articles are not shown in index.php.

When I add: .boylanComments {display:none;} into my CSS, Boylan Comments are not shown at all (plugin is published), and index page is still shown cut off.
bluegene
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 16, 09 12:55pm

bluegene, can you attach the complete HTML source of that page to this topic?

Thanks,

Chris
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bluegene » Tue Mar 17, 09 5:33pm

Pls see attach (index.php source code with Boylan Comments turned OFF and ON).

If you wanna, I can give you admin account so you can check it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bluegene
Beginner
Beginner

Postby ijockz » Wed Mar 18, 09 3:09pm

Hey chris, loving the comment system... I am just wondering if you have plans on adding some sort of a comment preview coming... I currently choose your Alpha release over a paid version JOMComment... my site is http://www.ijockz.com I am so glad you finally have a partially working model of the system out.
ijockz
New
New

Postby floppy » Wed Mar 18, 09 4:10pm

Hi chris! How are you??

I see the new version.. I try immediately and I give you the results of new version :D :D

thanks
floppy
floppy
New
New

Postby King-Nothing » Thu Mar 19, 09 3:36am

floppy: I`m having trouble with permissions on my phpBB3 board. All the topics are made, but needs to be approved before anyone can view the,. Did you also have this issue? If so, what did you do to fix it?
King-Nothing
Beginner
Beginner

Postby floppy » Thu Mar 19, 09 12:38pm

[quote="King-Nothing"]floppy: I`m having trouble with permissions on my phpBB3 board. All the topics are made, but needs to be approved before anyone can view the,. Did you also have this issue? If so, what did you do to fix it?[/quote]

I King-Nothing
I don't have try just the plugin, but in the week-end I try it.

I resolve to assign a admin access to the User Comment bot.

Whit this modification it works good.

bye
floppy
New
New

Postby King-Nothing » Thu Mar 19, 09 2:19pm

Well...I thought that my english was bad, but that post didn`t really clear things up. Can anyone "translate"? :P

Chris: Have you had a chance to look further into my issues?
King-Nothing
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 19, 09 2:26pm

King - not yet. I ended up having a much bigger St. Patrick's Day celebration than I thought.

Have you tried using a different user for the comments? A "commentbot" of sorts?

And I think Floppy was saying he's gonna try it out this weekend.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby King-Nothing » Thu Mar 19, 09 3:02pm

Well, it is my user which is doing the posting, so there shouldn`t be a problem with permissions.

I tried to use another user, but it didn`t help. I`ll try it again...
King-Nothing
Beginner
Beginner

Postby King-Nothing » Thu Mar 19, 09 7:21pm

Tried with a new user and with moving the joomla-install to the root-directory, but that didn`t do the trick either. :(

Please write me back whenever you`ve had a chance to look at it again. :)
King-Nothing
Beginner
Beginner

PreviousNext

Return to Comments for Chris Boylan .com articles