Using phpBB as your Joomla Comments Engine

This is where article comments will be kept.

Re: Using phpBB as your Joomla Comments Engine

Postby King-Nothing » Sun Mar 8, 09 6:29pm

Fixed the translation. I just had to publish a new article and then it was correct. :)
King-Nothing
Beginner
Beginner

NEW VERSION RELEASED - v 0.2 !!!!

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 10, 09 2:31am

Hey, everybody - check out the main article again. I've put up the new, upgraded plugin as well as upgrading instructions.

Make sure you read the upgrade instructions as well as the fix for comment threads showing up as unapproved. The fix requires changing some permissions in phpBB that I can't do anything about in the plugin (yet).

Some big bugfixes in this release:
    Fixed the MySQL error on thread creation!!
    Renamed the plugin "Boylan Comments" because Joomla! won't let you use their name freely
    CSS class for comments div now "boylanComments"
    Added dropdown parameter for users with phpBBSEO Mod installed.
    Now auto-detects to see if user left trailing slash off of phpbb_root_path in parameters, and works with or without the trailing slash
    Some general cleanup of sloppy coding.

Now that the major bugs are either fixed or understood, it's time to create a component so that we can store the settings for the plugin between installations and do some more advanced administration, like proper translations, comment bot creation (with proper permissions and flood control turned off) and DB table creation.

Thanks for all the feedback. Try this one out and we'll see what I did wrong.

Chris
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DarkNuke » Tue Mar 10, 09 11:51am

I recieved these errors after i did a fresh install of the mod.

Warning: include(./default/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/d/t/g/dtguild/html/plugins/content/boylan-comments.php on line 64

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './default/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/d/t/g/dtguild/html/plugins/content/boylan-comments.php on line 64
DarkNuke

Postby Nuke » Tue Mar 10, 09 11:54am

Sry Not sure why i didnt post under my registered name anyways yea i assume the path is wrong just wonder where ./default should be pointing to.
Nuke
New
New

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 10, 09 12:00pm

DarkNuke wrote:I recieved these errors after i did a fresh install of the mod.

Warning: include(./default/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/d/t/g/dtguild/html/plugins/content/boylan-comments.php on line 64

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './default/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/d/t/g/dtguild/html/plugins/content/boylan-comments.php on line 64

It looks like the phpbb root path is wrong - are Joomla and phpBB installed on the same site in the same account? What is the path to the Joomla installation and what is the path to phpBB?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 10, 09 12:02pm

Nuke wrote:Sry Not sure why i didnt post under my registered name anyways yea i assume the path is wrong just wonder where ./default should be pointing to.

Cross-posting. Anyhow - if your phpbb install is at example.com/forum and your joomla install is at example.com/ - then your phpbb root path is "./forum/"
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nuke » Tue Mar 10, 09 12:04pm

Yes Joomla and phpbb are installed in the same site Joomla is in the root while phpbb is in subdirectory of /forum

the path to phpbb is ./forum/ that's how i have it configured as well i thought that was the problem as well i might of mistyped or something but i checked to confirm it.

My forum site is darktwilight.com/forum so i did set that path correctly.
Nuke
New
New

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 10, 09 12:28pm

So are the errors fixed? Or are they still around with a phpbb root of ./forum/ ?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nuke » Tue Mar 10, 09 12:29pm

Errors still occur

One question though does phpbb and joomla have to be in the same database? I have mine in two different databases.
Nuke
New
New

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 10, 09 12:33pm

Could you post the errors here again? Because the errors posted above indicate that the phpbb_root_path is still set to ./default/ , and have not been changed to ./forum/

Chris
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nuke » Tue Mar 10, 09 12:38pm

Im wondering the same thing why it isn't updating the correct path.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nuke
New
New

Postby King-Nothing » Tue Mar 10, 09 12:49pm

I have my joomla-installation at the root-folder and phpbb in /joomla2/forum

When the bot posts a new thread the url to the article is http://www.trommeforum.com/joomla2/joom ... rticle.php

How can I remove one of the /joomla2-paths in order to get directed to the article?

Updated to the second version today. :)
King-Nothing
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 10, 09 1:03pm

King-Nothing wrote:I have my joomla-installation at the root-folder and phpbb in /joomla2/forum

When the bot posts a new thread the url to the article is http://www.trommeforum.com/joomla2/joom ... rticle.php

How can I remove one of the /joomla2-paths in order to get directed to the article?

Updated to the second version today. :)

Hmm... that's really weird, because the url in the thread linking back to the article is generated from the URL property of the article in Joomla! and has nothing to do with phpbb_root_path. That makes no sense to me whatsoever. Do you have a link to an article and comment thread with the bad links?

Chris
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 10, 09 1:05pm

Nuke wrote:Warning: include(./default/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/d/t/g/dtguild/html/plugins/content/boylan-comments.php on line 64

Im wondering the same thing why it isn't updating the correct path.

Yeah, that makes no sense to me either. You're hitting "save" on that screen after setting it up that way, right? You may have to let me have access to your administration page to figure out what's going on there. That just makes no sense.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nuke » Tue Mar 10, 09 1:22pm

[quote="Chris"][quote="Nuke"]Warning: include(./default/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/d/t/g/dtguild/html/plugins/content/boylan-comments.php on line 64

Im wondering the same thing why it isn't updating the correct path.[/quote]

Yeah, that makes no sense to me either. You're hitting "save" on that screen after setting it up that way, right? You may have to let me have access to your administration page to figure out what's going on there. That just makes no sense.[/quote]

Allright Chris i sent you a PM
Nuke
New
New

PreviousNext

Return to Comments for Chris Boylan .com articles