WTMFOMGBBQ!!

Click here to read general posts by and about Chris and all of his Chrisness.

WTMFOMGBBQ!!

Postby dd » Thu Aug 12, 04 6:02pm

So McGreevy announced today athat effective Nov 15th, he will no longer be the Governor of the greatest state in the nation. Oh yeah and hes gay.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... ernor_dc_8
Your agenda of hope just made me shit my pants. -Jon Stewart
dd
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Chris » Thu Aug 12, 04 7:53pm

HOLY CRAP!

I literally have no idea what to say. This is simply the king of all stories.

GOV RESIGNS! - Already one of top stories of the year.

P.S. -- GOV ADMITS HE'S GAY! -- Huge story.

P.P.S. -- GOV ADMITS HE HAD AFFAIR WITH MAN WHILE MARRIED! -- Are you kidding me?

P.P.P.S. -- GOV RESIGNS AFTER HAVING AFFAIR WITH MAN, GETTING SUED BY THAT MAN, BEING FORCED TO REVEAL HE'S GAY TO HIS FAMILY, AND OH YEAH... HE HIRED THAT MAN AS DIRECTOR OF HOMELAND SECURITY EVEN THOUGH HE HAD NO QUALIFICATIONS TO HOLD THE JOB!

Yes, this completely justified the heretofore never used OMGWTMFBBQ!
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dd » Fri Aug 13, 04 12:54am

OMGWTMFBBQ

What does the M stand for?

I never remember if the OMG or the WTF comes first.
dd
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Chris » Fri Aug 13, 04 4:10pm

The standard is OMGWTFBBQ. I just presumed you wrote the MF, so I kept it, presuming it meant What The Mother F***.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dd » Fri Aug 13, 04 6:09pm

Honestly it was a typo. but i dig it.
dd
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Brendan » Sat Aug 14, 04 2:17am

But when you couple that with the recent campaign fundraising questions, he was already in hot water. Even a run of the mill affair may have done him in. Sadly, even though most people's biggest problem with this was the gay angle, they can cover that up by saying that their outrage is over the fact that this guy was appointed to a homeland security position probably only b/c he was sleeping with the boss.
When I heard it on the radio, I let out a "Hoh!" much like Tony Soprano when AJ curses.
Of course, for some perverse reason, I immediately turned to 1210AM in Philly(I was in DE at the time) "The Big Talker", home of Sean Hannity. Seanny Boy accused the Democrats of playing "dirty tricks" by delaying the resignation until after the presidential election, so that a Democrat could be appointed for the interim until 2005, conveniently forgetting about how Republicans have been trying to redistrict several states to their advantage since 2002, TWO years after the census. But the best part was that the same station (it may still have been Hannity's show) had on Bret Schundler, the Republican McGreevey defeated, a few hours later and he said that the Republicans would prefer the delay, b/c turnout for Kerry in NJ is expected to be so strong that a Democrat would win a special election and that would greatly advantage the Democratic candidate in the regular election.

Hard to follow, I understand. In summary, Hannity is a tool.

PEACE
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 14, 04 4:52pm

I know. At work I have to listen to Neal Boortz, Rush, and Hannity while I work. (They're on our sister station) It hurts my brain to have to sit there while they lie or at least slam questionable omission after questionable omission.

I was talking to Greg last night, and we agreed that you can't really blame people for thinking that George W. Bush is a good President. They keep getting told so by the conservative media, and the mainstream media is too wimpy to bother to point out all of the lies and mistruths. People can't honestly be expected to do the research that John Edwards and John Kerry weren't the liberal senators they are being portrayed as. The blame lies at the feet of the media and the Democratic Party for not being the fast spinning weasels they once were (see Clinton '92).
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General - Chris Boylan