Why The Lack of Posting?????

Click here to read general posts by and about Chris and all of his Chrisness.

Why The Lack of Posting?????

Postby chrisboylan » Tue Jan 24, 06 9:24am

HI DI HO!!!

its that tim eof year again exams!!! one tomorrow and one on friday.
these are my final exams for my degree, but i am not the least bit concerned which is very very worrying, so actually i am concerned abou5t not being concerned so all is rite wit the world again yes!!!

so i just checked out the website and realised i was the last one to post here!! so i thought id try an dget things going despite the fact none of you even know who i am!!!

any hoot i better shoot the breeze and get studying, nothing like leaving it to the last second
BYE BYE

ITS SO WEIRD THAT YOU HAVE THE SAME NAME AS ME!!! REALLY FREAKS ME OUT
chrisboylan
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 24, 06 2:09pm

I fear what's in the water on your side of the pond.

The reason for the slow posting season is that I have been focused on something else the past few months. You can see the end result on my frontpage under Preppermint Example.

It will keep me busy for at least the next few months, but this site will still live on.

Best of luck for the finals, and I recommend you cut back on your crystal meth intake just a wee bit. You seem to be a bit jittery.
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

superbowl

Postby chrisboylan » Thu Jan 26, 06 5:23am

hi

just wondering......... i'm gonna watch the superbowl next week or whenever(in a pub in dublin, im not actually going!!!!!!) and i was gonna bet on the winner! i dont really follow american football so who should i bet on?????
chrisboylan
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Thu Jan 26, 06 1:30pm

Well, if you must throw your money away (I've been under .500 picking winners so far this playoffs - and that doesn't even include the spread.) - I'd take the Seahawks. Basically, this game will be decided by the end of the first quarter - the Steelers need to be up by 14 or more at that point. If they are, they will win, if not, they'll lose.

The Steelers have pretty consistently come out attacking, building up an early lead, and then they just try to hold on until the game is over. So a better bet would be who's leading after the first quarter. That will definitely be the Steelers.

As for the whole game, it should be close as the Seahawks are more well-rounded than the other opponents the Steelers have faced. So, since the Steelers are favored by as much as four, take the points and bet the Seahawks.

To get more technical -- the Steelers have had an amazing third down conversion rate - which is unlikely to continue. Plus, the Seahawks Offensive line is better than anything the Steelers faced - so their blitzes will be less effective.

This is all, of course, relying on the notion that neither coach creates a horriffic game plan that single-handedly loses the game - like the Colts and Bears did. (No max-protect and single cover Steve Smith). If Holmgren has a brain fart - all bets are off.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chrisboylan » Thu Jan 26, 06 4:55pm

thank for that very detailed answer! surprisingly i understood all of that and will take it into account when i throw my money away!!

have final exam in 12 and a half hours

and in 24 hours im heading to a beach house in the west of ireland with 25 friends to "unwind"
chrisboylan
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Thu Jan 26, 06 9:47pm

Well, I'm a ridiculously huge NFL fan.

Good luck with your exams and "unwinding". Just try not to ruin the name Chris Boylan by unwinding too hard. But please unwind right up to that point.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chrisboylan » Sun Feb 5, 06 11:21pm

!!!!!!!!!CHEERS!!!!!!!!!

€50 on Seahawks :evil: :evil:
chrisboylan
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Mon Feb 6, 06 3:07am

Well, your first mistake was betting in euros. As far as us Americans are concerned you might as well have bet with lucky charms.

I would say, however, that at the beginning of my post I did tell you that I have been horrific at predicting this playoff season. I went 4-7. And that's not even against the spread.

That being said - I did say that the pick was dependent on Mike Holmgren not having a brain fart. Which he did, by not scoring at the end of the first half.

Throw in the questionable TD call when Roethlisburger ran in and probably got stopped before crossing the goal line and the weak push-off penalty that negated a Seahawks TD - that's 8 points alone - not counting the end of the first half meltdown which cost them a FG.

If two of those three things go the other way - the Seahawks cover. Crappy? Yes - but that's why I don't bet on football or any sports. You're just throwing money away.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chrisboylan » Mon Feb 6, 06 8:37am

i dont know that much about american football but some of the decisions made as you say were stupid. especially the one for the slight push! he was basically getting his balance more than pushing his opponent! and the fumble where the ground caused the fumble was stupid the fact they even had to challenge
chrisboylan
Beginner
Beginner

Return to General - Chris Boylan