Wellington Mara

Click here to read general posts by and about Chris and all of his Chrisness.

Wellington Mara

Postby dd » Wed Oct 26, 05 7:15am

http://www.freep.com/sports/football/nfl26e_20051026.htm

I heard a story on the radio yesterday that Mr. Mara woke up on Sunday to watch the last few minutes of the game. Before he fell back to sleep, he said to tell Manning that he was doing a great job. Which is like Johnny Carson telling you you are funny. I thought that was pretty cool.
Your agenda of hope just made me shit my pants. -Jon Stewart
dd
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Chris » Sat Oct 29, 05 1:13pm

Yeah, I've been reading a ton on that the past few days.

Not only that, but his nickname is "Duke", so the Giants chanted "Duke! Duke! Duke!" after the great win. Also, Tiki and Shockey saw him on Monday. This may prove a big emotional lift for this team and franchise going into this Sunday's tough game against the Redskins. They'll be wearing patches on their uniforms for him all season.

By every account, he was simply a great guy to be around, and because of him the Giants are the classiest organization in football. It's because of them doing some extra work for me they didn't need to do that I got a press pass for the Super Bowl. I was originally off the list, because I had no expectation of being able to fly down there and have a place to stay, but then Grandma paid for the tickets and let me borrow her car and Nana and Pop-op let me stay at their place, so it quickly became possible.

Pat Hanlon (the Giants PR guy) and the Giants got me a pass to the entire week of festivities and a seat in the stands, when most radio guys had to sit in the basement and watch on TV. Then the guy next to me let me have his spare field pass, which let me take these pictures. (View the album backwards since I haven't gotten around to ordering the pictures right. Or uploading the hundred or so pictures I've taken in the past two years.) The Giants rock, and they were made in Wellington's image.
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

HELLO

Postby chrisboylan » Tue Nov 29, 05 9:39am

HI ITS ME THE IRISH ONE!!! IM POSTING BECAUSE I HAVE SO MANY ASSIGNMENTS TO DO AND I CANNOT MOTIVATE MY SELF SO I NEED YOU TO MOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE MEMOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE MEMOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE MEMOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE MEMOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE MEMOTIVATE ME MOTIVATE ME
chrisboylan
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 29, 05 12:57pm

We weren't sure if you were still around, but it appears that you are indeed still kicking.

I always had the same problem with work. That's why you may notice there are times when posts are infrequent here. I have about five ideas in my head kicking around that ought to be entries, but I know that they'll only be worth doing if I can devote an hour or so to them - which I do not have.

As for motivation, I offer you the opposite. The work you are doing is likely pointless in the grand scheme of things. And it probably sucks. So just do it as quicly as possible so you can get back to enjoying your life instead of wasting time with this garbage hanging over your head.

The Procrastinator has spoken.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Career advice

Postby chrisboylan » Wed Nov 30, 05 10:27am

i have become so lazy lately! i was at a thanksgivin dinnear last week. these americans who live on campus beside us invited us to dinner so that was cool/weird. almost christmas again woooo hooooo few weeks off at least still got the same assignments to do ones in for thursday but im a stuborn man and ill have it done by tonight

god u must feel slightly used i only type here when i have checked all my emails and crap and am about to start working

im sorry talk soon

still few more assignments between now and 20th dcember so expect many more posts
chrisboylan
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 30, 05 1:04pm

We'll be here, waiting for you to flip out late at night again.

Glad to be a part of your routine of insanity.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chrisboylan » Wed Nov 30, 05 1:36pm

FINISHED EMPLOYMENT LAW ASSIGNMENT YES!!!!!!!!!

IT AINT GOOD BUT ITS FINISHED

THANKS FOR BEING THERE!!!

IM STARTING CONTRACT LAW IN THE MORNING SEE YA SOON
chrisboylan
Beginner
Beginner

Return to General - Chris Boylan