this is yet another test

This is where article comments will be kept.

this is yet another test

Postby CommentBot » Wed Dec 31, 08 3:02am

This was a test thread and the article it links to no longer exists.
CommentBot
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: this is yet another test

Postby .Joel » Mon Jan 5, 09 12:47am

Testing reply, postcount on Joomla Index (http://chrisboylan.com) should now equal 1.

Regards,

.Joel :D
.Joel
New
New

Postby .Joel » Mon Jan 5, 09 12:48am

You wouldn't believe it if I told you.... it works ;)

Welldone!

Now equals 2.
.Joel
New
New

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 5, 09 1:37am

Hey Joel. Yeah, the comments count thing works great - as does insertion and linking back. I'm going to work on this some tonight - I'm not sure what time zone you're in, but I'm in Eastern (New York City). I thought I'd have this finished by now, but I ended up going out every night between that last update post and now. Hopefully, I've do the abstraction for the settings out tonight, and then go through and fix the remaining UTF stuff. If so, I should be able to release something on the phpBB thread tomorrow.

On a side note, you've also reminded me that I need to set up comment notification properly, as I was not notified of these comments. The checklist gets longer. Maybe I'll set up a project in my bugtracker for it - that would seem like the logical thing to do.
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby .Joel » Mon Jan 5, 09 11:32am

[quote="Chris"]Hey Joel. Yeah, the comments count thing works great - as does insertion and linking back. I'm going to work on this some tonight - I'm not sure what time zone you're in, but I'm in Eastern (New York City).[/quote]
Hi Chris,

I am located in Melbourne, Australia. So GMT +10 (Currently DST time so +11).

[quote="Chris"]I thought I'd have this finished by now, but I ended up going out every night between that last update post and now. Hopefully, I've do the abstraction for the settings out tonight, and then go through and fix the remaining UTF stuff. If so, I should be able to release something on the phpBB thread tomorrow.[/quote]
It's Christmas / New Year, we all need to live a little! :D

[quote="Chris"]On a side note, you've also reminded me that I need to set up comment notification properly, as I was not notified of these comments. The checklist gets longer. Maybe I'll set up a project in my bugtracker for it - that would seem like the logical thing to do.[/quote]
If you have a bug tracker setup i'll pop in any problems we have to there.

Regards,

.Joel
.Joel
New
New

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 5, 09 3:57pm

Joel,

I noticed your post count is not increasing. That's weird. I'll have to look into that, but I suspect that it has nothing to do with the plugin and instead is a product of something wrong with my board install.

- but my post count is increasing - weird. Are you registered? Or posting as a guest?
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby .Joel » Mon Jan 5, 09 9:24pm

I am registered. Possibly not counting any posts in this part of the forum?

Let me try a new topic.

Regards,

.Joel
.Joel
New
New

Postby .Joel » Mon Jan 5, 09 9:26pm

I think it is just this part of the forum that isn't counting posts. I created a new topic in the Main Forum and it added +1 to my post count. There's a setting in phpBB somewhere to select whether a particular forum adds to your post count or not.

Regards,

.Joel
.Joel
New
New

Return to Comments for Chris Boylan .com articles