Team America

Click here to read general posts by and about Chris and all of his Chrisness.

Team America

Postby bitsy » Thu Oct 7, 04 4:30pm

i can't stress enough how excited i am for this movie.

Parker and Stone: 'Team America' Is Not Anti-Bush

South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have ridiculed suggestions their forthcoming film Team America: World Police was designed to persuade voters against re-electing US President George W. Bush in next month's election. The $32 million puppet movie mocks celebrities including Michael Moore, North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il, and anti-war actors Sean Penn, Alec Baldwin, Tim Robbins and George Clooney - but doesn't single out Bush for special treatment. And Stone hopes controversial Team America: World Police, which is released in the US on October 15 and features hardcore puppet sex, won't influence how the American public votes. He tells website Pagesix.Com, "If anyone walks out of this movie, or a Michael Moore movie, thinking about voting a certain way, then they're f**king stupid and shouldn't be voting. If this movie makes you think that much, then you're too weak-kneed to vote."

i just thought it was funny, because one of my friends said after we had gone to a movie that they would vote for which ever president lowered movie ticket prices. There were 4 of us in the car, the other 2 chimed in and i nearly stopped the car and kicked them out. I started screaming that they were all too retarded to vote and to start reading a newspaper. Then i also explained how the president has no power over movie ticket prices. It's definitely up there with some of the dumbest things i've ever heard.
bitsy
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 8, 04 12:00am

That is hilarious. I can't believe these people are in college.

Much like Larry David, I can no longer take people who are too stupid to vote, like "undecideds" being inteviewed by CNN and sitting in focus groups. You should have thrown them out of the car. If your grasp on the Constitution is so tenuous that you think the President controls movie ticket prices, you need to move to Russia.

As for "Team America", it probably is anti-Bush, but that's because those two guys are funny and relevant and it's impossible to make an action movie based ever-so-loosely on current events without at least one "evil-doers". I mean, Kim Jong Il is in the movie!

When does it come out? I have a browser open and the google toolbar, but I am too lazy to look it up. And now you know why the website is stagnant from time to time.
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bitsy » Fri Oct 8, 04 11:09am

it opens up next friday the 15th. in addition, i'm once again in calc class (still not learning anything yet) and my teacher has the most ridiculous shirt on). it's a short sleeved button down shirt. but the left sleeve is yellow, right sleeve is peach, the collar is red, the back is purple. To the left fo the buttons, it's green with a purple pocket, and to the right of the buttons it's purple, and the buttons are red.
also, i have a 102 average in this class. I don't think i've done that since 8th grade, maybe longer. i'm just very proud of myself. class is almost over. hooray! i'm one class away from vacation!
bitsy
Beginner
Beginner

Postby dd » Fri Oct 8, 04 1:41pm

Theres a sneak preview of Team america this weekend.
Your agenda of hope just made me shit my pants. -Jon Stewart
dd
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Chris » Sat Oct 9, 04 10:12am

Not here in Fayetteville, unfortunately.

Allison: So am I to understand that you have a computer with internet access in class? That no one notices when you're just browsing about the internet? I went to college about 8 years too soon.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby greg » Sat Oct 9, 04 1:25pm

I know the following will not be a popular position in this forum, but sometimes I have to make tough decisions that may be unpopular in European capitals and chrisboylan.com: if someone running for president vowed to substantially lower movie ticket prices AND concession stand costs at all events, I would absolutely ignore all other issues and vote for him or her. I would go so far as to quit my job and campaign for this candidate.

On a completely unrelated note, Chris, maybe its a good thing we didn't have classroom internet in college. I had internet in law school classes. And now I have a job where I commute to White Plains and mindlessly review documents for 50 hours a week. Fucking internet.
greg
Beginner
Beginner

Postby bitsy » Mon Oct 11, 04 7:30pm

yes, my calc class is in a computer lab, and for the most part people are just browsing the internet. The intention of each student having a computer is so we can all use this computer program which is pretty much an advanced calculator, to "enhance our learning".

But, whoever decided that we should be allowed internet access during class was naive, thinking we'd use it for classroom purposes only.

or just a nerd.

either way, i think my teacher's approach to it is, well it's your problem if you don't listen and don't understand the material. and since i took calculus last year this is just gonna be one giant review. It's really tedious, but grades like 102 make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
bitsy
Beginner
Beginner

Postby brian » Mon Oct 11, 04 8:40pm

saw the sneak preview of team america this weekend, figured i'd throw my 2 cents into the topic wheel here.

i won't give anything away, simply said it was really good stuff. manages to take a swipe at everyone (ie bush and the left wing side too). the whole marionette thing is well done too. similar use of music in spots like south park the movie.

solid job all around and pretty friggin hillarious.

and yeah, theres no career in movie reviews for me.
brian
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Mon Oct 11, 04 11:35pm

Allison: that reminds me of music class in middle school, when I got a 230 out of 100 on a big test. Yes, that is not a typo. It helped that my classmates were so clueless that the next best score was like 107. Some people even failed it.

Brian: I'm glad it didn't suck like Baseketball. I hope to check it out this weekend. Then, hopefully we can start a spoiler discussion here.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General - Chris Boylan