Sam Sheppard

Click here to read general posts by and about Chris and all of his Chrisness.

Sam Sheppard

Postby Brendan » Wed Jan 7, 04 5:15pm

Ok, one more.
Has anyone seen more than five minutes of anything on FOX News involving Sam Sheppard(There is a serious TV lull around 3pm everyday after my class).
He is supposed to be the next young, up-and-coming news anchor, but he's AWFUL. He screws up reading from the teleprompter approximately 8-10 times throughout a one-hour show. If you are a professional newscaster, you're going to screw up every once in awhile, that's fine, but he is constantly correcting himself. His most famous screw up was when he was doing a story on J. Lo, and he was supposed to say "curb job", but instead said "blow job".
Is anyone else baffled why he is still getting paid to do this?

P.S.
Bill O'Reilly is an enormous tool.
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 7, 04 8:22pm

Why on earth are you watching FOX News anyway? All TV news networks are awful. But as for Sam, I can't watch him as it looks like his face is made of putty and I'm afraid it's going to fall off.

If I'm going to watch the news and it's talking head, I want a guy who either sells it soft, like the people on 60 Minutes, or one who hates the very concept of being alive, like Jack Cafferty - formerly on Fox 5 in NYC, now does mornings on CNN with the ass weasel that wears rimless glasses to make him look like he's not as dumb as he really is.

If you're looking for something to watch, I recommed the oddly fascinating billiards matches that are on ESPN2 every afternoon. I have been glued to them.
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brian » Thu Jan 8, 04 4:30am

sadly enough i can give you a potential reason he is as terrible as he is. a friend of mine saw him on some talk show one day and he was explaining his constant flubs. apparently he cannot read the telepromter w/o glasses, but fox news did not want him to wear glasses becuase it causes viewers to feel distant or some nonsense (no reason given for why contacts are not used). so in order to give the info it is piped into his ear and he repeats it. sometimes he mishears it, etc and flubery ensue.

he's like the dummy in some twisted ventriloquist act.

not sure if he was kidding but they thought it seemed genuine enough and would explain the horrid performance. he also has a 7pm show, apparently he's so good the world deserves a double dose daily.

i have to agree w/the jack cafferty call, no one does it quite so bitterly. isn't he also the one who hit a guy on a delivery bike in the city not too long ago and drove off?
brian
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Brendan » Fri Jan 9, 04 8:43pm

Brian's explanation would make sense, but you would think that wearing glasses would be a better option then the current one.
As for watching FOX News, it usually only comes when CNN is at commercial, plus add the fact that you can witness "fair and balanced" hypocrisy 24/7, so I have to watch a little. Crossfire on CNN is also fun to watch. Tucker's ridiculous bow-tie gets to me though.
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Chris » Sat Jan 10, 04 6:34am

Yeah, why the hell can't he wear contacts? Is it his alien eyes? Would the contacts react poorly to his mutant alien putty skin?

Questions to be answered shortly by the Mars rovers.

As for Tucker Carlson, I dislike the show and all talk shows because people are simply shills for a political party. They have no independent viewpoints. In my mind, the parties postions are wildly inconsistent with any ideology other than what would appeal to the most voters.

That being said, there was nothing funnier that I have ever seen on CNN than when Jeanine Garafolo (sp?) was sub hosting for the democrat guy and Carlson absolutely ruined her ill-formed and inarticulate but strongly held positions. She was almost reduced to tears as nothing she said held water. If you are so strident, have a reason for believing what you're screaming, not just that you've been told these are the right ideas for the past twenty years.

P.S. Good to hear from you Brian, I had presumed you were dead. Got an X-Box?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brian » Mon Jan 12, 04 4:30am

No, not dead here. I haven't made the X-Box plunge yet, though I've been tempted. I think one more price cut on microsoft's part and I'll jump onboard.

This modding you've done sounds interesting, I poked around the sites you recommended. Lots of talk of replacing a BIOS and possibly adding a mod-chip if I recall correctly? I'm guessing in the end though its much more reliable than the old N64 zipdisk hack-bot was.
brian
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 12, 04 4:25pm

No modchip needed. A chip was needed a few years ago, but about 6 months ago, people realized that James Bond: Agent Under Fire has a bug that allows people to run unsigned code if you put it on a memory card and load a saved game.

I only had to solder two sets of close contacts (not hard at all) and then follow easy directions. I think it's best not to post them here, but you can email me if interested. I didn't even have to buy a memory card as the cards are USB. A little rewiring and I used a USB thumb drive.

Then, you download a boot disk that auto-installs a new HD, giving me 40 Gigs in the XBox. It will play any video format and all of my MP3s. You can't get on X-Box Live, but there is a free version of Live that you can download called XBConnect. You set up a small program on your PC that acts as a relay between your X-Box and the other person's PC/X-Box.

http://www.xbox-scene.com is the place to check out.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Brendan » Thu Jan 15, 04 1:19pm

No slugfest is better to watch than Al Franken and Bill O'Reilly. They HATE each other.
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Chris » Thu Jan 15, 04 2:40pm

Did that air recently, or will it?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Brendan » Fri Jan 16, 04 11:42pm

No, just stating in general. If they ever are on together again I hope I don't miss it
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Return to General - Chris Boylan