O TiVo, why must you vex me so!

This is where article comments will be kept.

O TiVo, why must you vex me so!

Postby Blog » Sun Mar 28, 04 2:21am

Permanent link to: <br /><br /><a href="http://www.chrisboylan.com/blog/archives/000248.php">O TiVo, why must you vex me so!</a>

<p>Just when I think I've got a handle on this TiVo thing, it goes and bites me in the ass. I've been attempting to extract two shows for a few days now, to no avail. The worst part about this is that the information on how to do this is readily available. For all those who are interested, the site to check out for TiVo hacking is <a href="http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/">Dealdatabase Forums</a>. Unfortunately for me you and every other person who hasn't been reading these forums religiously for the past three years, information on how to do things is spread all over the place and delivered in drips and drabs when it is around. </p>

<p>Now, I don't want to say that the regulars who contribute to these forums are not helpful, because they are. However, instead of providing straightforward how-tos and documentation, they instead have 1500 post long threads that they yell at people for not reading. So, I've been wading through the thousands of posts necessary to get this extraction thing right, and finally this morning... a revelation. I won't even bother to explain it, because it's so boring. In fact, I'm not even sure why I posted this. Especially when I'm going to see The Darkness in concert tomorrow. Your loss. But it works now for almost real until I break it again. Then, I'll be taking another four days off from updating the site and spending it trying to fix my TiVo.</p>

<p>P.S. While looking through Amber's purse to find a piece of gum, I removed about 50 (I'm not kidding) wrappers and pieces of old gum in wrappers from her purse. Apparently, she does not believe in garbage cans. Probably a religious thing.</p>
Blog
Advanced
Advanced

Return to Comments for Chris Boylan .com articles