New Stadium for the Giants

Click here to read general posts by and about Chris and all of his Chrisness.

New Stadium for the Giants

Postby Brendan » Wed Apr 13, 05 10:12pm

Press Conference for New Stadium at 11AM Tomorrow

BBI messageboard recently posted an announcement to the press that the Giants ownership and Gov. Codey will be at a press conference to announce an agreement on a privately-financed 80k seat stadium at the Meadowlands. Don't know why I care but I feel that I should. It's not like I'll be able to go to a game without participating in some sort of illegal activity, but I'm sure it will look pretty on TV.
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Brendan » Thu Apr 14, 05 12:35am

Here's a link with some actual information

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2036350
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Chris » Thu Apr 14, 05 11:51pm

I like how the Giants have a 30 plus year waiting list and decided not to add more seats. Bastards.

The only thing I really do like is that the stadium is privately financed. The whole Jets thing seems just like a gigantic fleecing of an already financially troubled city. At least here at first glance it looks like the Giants will be shouldering their fair share of the burden.

Maybe I'll move up 5 to 10,000 slots on the waiting list if the old people get confused by the new stadium. That way, I'll have tickets when I'm 65 instead of 80.
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Giants tickets

Postby chrisboylan » Sat May 21, 05 4:55pm

that is shocking, how hard it is to get tickets. really like is it that hard to get to a game? i ve been in new york of 3 occasions and have been to 3 giants games i dont even fully understand american football. turns out im an ignorant ignorant man.

how much could you scalp a ticket for! my aunt got myself and four others tickets, i could have made some serious money??
chrisboylan
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Sat May 21, 05 8:13pm

Welcome back, other Chris Boylan!

It's actually not that hard to get tickets on a game by game basis, but it's impossible to get them from the box office. You have to know someone that doesn't want them or is willing to sell. You can also get them from scalpers, but the face value of the tickets are already high, so I don't want to pay that price.

Depending on the game tickets sell at as low as 33% of value for the preseason to as much as four or five times face value for an important late season game. The Playoffs are ridiculous.

As for American football, it's tough to get used to if you watch your football, or our soccer. The play is very halting and there's a lot of commercial breaks, but often that merely adds to the tension. Soccer doesn't often come down to one do or die four second play where everyone knows that the game rests on this outcome. This is common in football. You know that if you get three yards, you'll get the touchdown and win. If they stop you, you lose.

I like soccer too, I played it for ten years. It's just not a great a buildup as football. It's like hockey, but slower. Still, I watch the World Cup every four years.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chrisboylan » Sat May 21, 05 9:31pm

i actually have begun watching it of late! we usually get 2 live games here on a sunday night. first usually starts at 7pm i believe our time! this is during the regular season. i also stayed up to watch the superbowl this year and i really got in to the tactical end of the game. the eagles did bad, in my opinion because they couldnt hand the ball off and get guys to gain yards through running. instead they depended totally on that young quater back guy to throw long balls all nite long. well that was my opinion so to be a good team i think a good runnin game is essential and a good quater back. i hope i can go again soon cuz id appreciate it a lot more. the breaks are annoying in play however it makes it longer which is good cuz you get to enjoy it more as the tension builds. soccer was on today it was theFA cup final in england. Man Utd vs Arsenal. Mna Utd totally played Arsenal off the pitch however they didnt score, and Arsenal won on penalty shootout. it was very annoying to say the least. well i better go i really should have put in some paragraphs, it 2.30am here and i have an exam on monday in college in organisation theory and practice so wish me luck and good bye for another while
chrisboylan
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Sat May 21, 05 10:21pm

Good luck on your exam. I am so thankful that I no longer have to deal with that garbage.

In reference to the Super Bowl, you have to understand a few other points as well. The Patriots may just be the best coached team in the history of the NFL. They aren't flashy or particularly talented, but they ALWAYS get the job done. ALWAYS.

This is not to say anything bad about the Eagles, because their coach is a top 5 coach in this league as well.

However, you were right in that they had no ability to maintain a yard-chewing ground game. Their running back is more of a small, receiving type than a beat-you-up-and-gain-four-yards guy. In the end this hurt them some, but not as much as their star wide receiver (Terrell Owens) being still very injured and their Quarterback (Donovan McNabb) being mysteriously sick in the fourth quarter.

This remains one of the great mysteries of the last Super Bowl that is still unexplained. With time running out, the Eagles took their sweet time and it looked like McNabb was dry-heaving on the field. The Eagles looked dehydrated, at one of the worst times you can forget to drink your water. Conspiracy theories are still very much alive about this.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General - Chris Boylan