Muse

This is where article comments will be kept.

Muse

Postby CommentBot » Wed Apr 13, 05 8:26pm

<a href="/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=1">Link back to the article</a>.<br /> <font size=1>(Note: This is original version of article. It may have been edited. Click on link above for most recent version.)</font><br />Amber and I are off to only the second concert we have bought tickets
for since moving to Fayetteville.&nbsp; To see whom, you ask?<br />
<br />
<a target="_self" href="http://muse.mu">Muse</a>, of course.<br />
<br />
I thoroughly expect my head to explode from how great this concert is
going to be.&nbsp; Too bad that will make going to work and getting up
at 4:30 in the morning somewhat difficult, especially since I will have
nowhere to put my contacts or a good way to center my T-shirt neckhole
ove my headless torso.&nbsp; Still, rock on.<br /> Yep.&nbsp; Rock on.
CommentBot
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Brendan » Wed Apr 13, 05 10:02pm

Well, I'm going to see Third Eye Blind on May 8th in Baltimore. I've never heard of Muse, so naturally I'm not jealous. I haven't seen 3eb live since the summer of 2002 when they were touring with Goo Goo Dolls, but this somewhat vindicates (Not really) me not being able to see them play 5 MINUTES from my dorm when I was a freshman because I was not 21. Delaware blows.

Anyways, good for you.
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby dd » Wed Apr 13, 05 11:57pm

im going to see Motley Crue at PNC in August. so you can suck it.
Your agenda of hope just made me shit my pants. -Jon Stewart
dd
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Brendan » Thu Apr 14, 05 12:23am

That might indeed be the case, because if I went to see Motley Crue that would mean that I, too, would be a raging homosexual
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby bitsy » Thu Apr 14, 05 10:58am

ZING!! point awarded to brendan.

i'm not going to any concert this summer. but im going to meet dane cook, gary gulman, and robert kelly next friday. I kinda forget who robert kelly is, but he sounds familiar. I'm sure you guys know. was he on tough crowd a few times?

ps, chris, remember that guy that got called for travelling in the villanova/UNC game? he's in one of my classes next semester. I know it doesnt matter, but it's kinda exciting cuz he's sorta like a celebrity. and one more thing, they've been play mr. show on comedy central and tbs (i set up a season pass when i caught it one night). tbs plays the whole show, but comedy central cuts some of it to fit the 30 min. in case you didn't catch all the shows when you were home at Christmas, you can try and get them now.
terrorists hate our freedom.
bitsy
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Thu Apr 14, 05 11:22pm

Wow. I pass out for a day and then my family comes alive.

In order --

Brendan -- we were actually listening to 3eb on the way to the concert. Amber loves them. If you have some spare time, go to Muse's website and click on "media" on the rotating thingy. Then audio>absolution>time is running out - then click on the high bandwidth button.

Next hit play, just below the bandwidth selection.

Sit back and rock. I'm serious. These guys are awesome. I only ask three minutes of you.

After that, you can try Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies and Hurricanes, etc. It will so be worth it. A co-worker didn't believe me, so I played the song for her (Krista) - after a minute, she told me to burn her a copy of the CD.

dd -- good for you.

Brendan -- I laughed so hard when I read that that people heard me through two supposedly soundproof doors.

Allison -- I think Brendan is currently the ZING champion for this site.

Robert Kelly was on Tough Crowd, usually with Howie Mandel. He also was the guy who sweared at the camera for the "scam" that was Last Comic Standing Season 2. He spent time in Juvenile Hall for some crime filled youth. He's bald and wears a lot of black, including a Kangol hat.

Why are you seeing these guys anyway? At a show?
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Brendan » Fri Apr 15, 05 3:05pm

I accept your title of ZING champion.

Muse sounds interesting, but I don't think it's exactly my cup of tea. I'll listen to more songs later.

As for other bands I've encountered at UD that are starting to get some recognition, there's one called IKE which sounds almost Fountains of Wayne-ish, but the link has a few low bandwidth songs. One of their best that I've heard, "Trojan Horse" is not up there.

Also, I've not really heard much of this band Omnisoul. They are actually seniors from UD that met at school. They've been playing alot locally, but recently signed and are seemingly on the verge of getting national attention. They all dropped out with a semester left to graduation once they got a deal. I heard one of there songs on Philadelphia's version of Z100, cleverly titled Y100. However, that was before it was changed to a hip-hop station. Philly is now the largest market without one alternative rock station. Go media consolidation
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby bitsy » Fri Apr 15, 05 4:18pm

they're coming to school for a show, it's for "novafest" which is apparently just a weekend where public drunkeness is accepted, or at least that's what i've heard from upperclassmen. I don't know what the actual point of it is though, because "getting drunk" is the only response i ever get about it.

the starting line is coming too, i don't think it's any of your tastes in music, but they're not bad, from the few songs i've heard.

one last thing - what happened to the website automatically logging me in, and then giving me a list of what i haven't read yet. or are you working on that? (and yes, i have clicked on it to log me in automatically each time)
terrorists hate our freedom.
bitsy
Beginner
Beginner

Postby dd » Sat Apr 16, 05 12:14pm

Im with you on the login thing. But when I came back to look at the site today I was all logged it. Strange. Chris is probably working on it.

I had the same weekend at The Q. It was called May Weekend, even though it always happened in April. My freshamn year It was a 3 day even. They gave us Friday off and the drinking/partying usually began Thursday at noon. But after $10,000 in damage to my dorm alone, they limited it to just Saturday and Sunday. the kids still started at noon on Thursday. Open containers were allowed, people were playing beer pong on dorm road, there was a rave in the parkinglot. It was insane. And the only answer I got from an event person about the weekend was it was a chance for everyone to really hang out and have fun before they had to leave for the summer.

They bring the latest music /comedy act they can afford, I got Andy Dick & Carrot Top, the year after i graduated they got Dane Cook. Although I did get Ben Folds & guster my freshman year. When they got 112 & wyclef after me, I didnt feel so bad.

I think every school does it. They all have a different name for the weekendbut its always the same drunk assholes.
dd
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Brendan » Sun Apr 17, 05 3:05pm

I have no problems automatically logging in.

As for who Bob Kelly is, he's a pseudo-funny comic. He's along the lines of Jim Norton or Jim Florentine. He seems like the type of person who's a funny person, but probably not a funny stand-up. Similar to Jim Norton. Listening to Norton on Opie and Anthony, he is wet-yourself hysterical, but his stand-up is merely above-average.

One thing that Bob Kelly does is this gag where he'll say something nice or complimentary to someone and once they respond or say thank you he says, "Not You!". I'm pretty sure it came from this one time where he though Jerry Seinfeld was inviting him to a private area of a comedy club to eat with him, but it turns out, Jerry was talking to the person behind him. Hearing him tell the story lets you truly feel the absolute mortification he endured. For a split second, he thought a comedy legend wanted to talk to him privately, possibly validating years of obscurity in the business, only to have it triumphantly squashed.
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Return to Comments for Chris Boylan .com articles