Mike Myers is scared

This is where article comments will be kept.

Mike Myers is scared

Postby CommentBot » Tue Sep 6, 05 11:14pm

<a href="/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=2">Link back to the article</a>.<br /> <font size=1>(Note: This is original version of article. It may have been edited. Click on link above for most recent version.)<br />(<a href="http://chrisboylan.com/">PhpBB Mambo Comments by Chris Boylan</a>)</font><br /><p>My computer works now.&nbsp; I had to get a new motherboard, but it's all good now.&nbsp; I've RMA'd (returned) the board (or will tomorrow).&nbsp; So I guess I'm up a motherboard I don't need.&nbsp;&nbsp; It sucked too, because I was only in the middle of three web projects.&nbsp; Hopefully, I'll be able to knock two fo them out of the way by this weekend.&nbsp; Because come Sunday, I will be awash in the orgy of NFL Sunday Ticket.&nbsp; </p><p>In the meantime, I will just be repeating the video of Mike Myers doing a triple take at Kanye West when he flips out during the Hurricane Katrina.&nbsp; Watching Kanye go nuts is cool, but you have to watch the video while staring at Mike Myers.&nbsp; It shoud be filed in the dictionary under awkward.</p><p><a href="http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79">&nbsp;It's going to be okay, Mike</a>.<br /> </p> <p>In a big pile of mildly related that only my brother cares about, if Eli Manning was entering his third year, the Giants would be going 11-5 this year.&nbsp; However, he isn't, and neither will they.&nbsp; I figure they'll be 9-7 with an outside shot at the playoffs.&nbsp; The extra home game will help (The Giants will host the Saints next week since the Superdome is an overflowing Port-a-John).&nbsp; They'll win 6 of 9 versus -&nbsp;</p><p> Sep 11 - vs. Arizona, 4:15 PM <br /> Sep 19 - at New Orleans, 7:30 PM<br /> Oct 2 - vs. St. Louis, 1:00 PM<br /> Oct 16 - at Dallas, 1:00 PM<br /> Oct 23 - vs. Denver, 4:15 PM <br /> Oct 30 - vs. Washington, 1:00 PM <br /> Nov 6 - at San Francisco, 4:05 PM<br /> Dec 4 - vs. Dallas, 1:00 PM <br /> Dec 24 - at Washington, 1:00 PM </p><p>They'll win 2 of 4 versus -&nbsp;</p><p>Sep 25 - at San Diego, 8:30 PM<br />Nov 27 - at Seattle, 4:15 PM <br /> Dec 17 - vs. Kansas City, 5:00 PM <br /> Dec 31 - at Oakland, 8:00 PM</p><p>And win one of these three -&nbsp;</p><p>Nov 13 - vs. Minnesota, 1:00 PM <br /> Nov 20 - vs. Philadelphia, 1:00 PM&nbsp; <br /> Dec 11 - at Philadelphia, 4:05 PM <br /> </p><p>Notice how all the easy games come early?&nbsp; Watch them go 6-2 out of the gate and peopel will go nuts about Eli.&nbsp; Then they hit the bad November stretch and they'll say that the team is awful.&nbsp; In the end, they'll be a real good 9-7 and maybe win a first round playoff game.&nbsp; Eli will have a lot of yards, but not a good TD/INT ratio - Plaxico Burress will be disappointing, but not bad - the running game will be top 5 in the NFL - the defense will get opportunistic turnovers.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Alright, after thinking about the turnovers, they may be a weak 11-5 team, just by opportunistic turnovers, but they don't make it out of the second round.&nbsp; The secondary will save Eli's butt at least twice with INTs.&nbsp; They've got some ball hawks out there finally.&nbsp; </p><p>So, there you go, Brendan.&nbsp; Enjoy.<br /> </p><p>&nbsp;</p>
CommentBot
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby bitsy » Wed Sep 7, 05 11:33pm

i found it both interesting and impressive, so Brendan wasn't the only person to enjoy that.

ps - the kayne west clip has been bookmarked. thanks.
terrorists hate our freedom.
bitsy
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 9, 05 1:36am

Well, I'm glad you did. Maybe you can hear me scream at the TV starting at 4 PM Sunday.

Also, as pointed out on Bill Simmons's page in his Cowbell section (couldn't find a permalink) - Mike Myers starred in a sketch on Saturday Night Live in a nearly identical situation once.

He was an infomercial guy with a phone bank behind him, telethon-style, while Heather Locklear was selling some blender thing. As the infomercial went on, Locklear began using more and more racial slurs, along the lines of, "This is so easy even a drunk Indian could use it!" and Myers kept trying to disassociate himself from the proceedings, even though he still had to sell the product. It was almost identical to the whole Kanye West thing. And that sketch was one of my all-time favorites.
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Comments for Chris Boylan .com articles