Leaving L.A.

This is where article comments will be kept.

Leaving L.A.

Postby Blog » Wed May 5, 04 8:25am

Permanent link to: <br /><br /><a href="http://www.chrisboylan.com/blog/archives/000262.php">Leaving L.A.</a>

<p>I sit again atop the stairs at the Travelodge LAX South, this time posting around two dozen pictures to the Images section. The pictures are now caught up until Coachella. With around 200 pictures from Coachella, that's going to take quite some more time. Maybe I'll do it in the car tomorrow as we ride to San Francisco. </p>

<p>It looks like we're going to drive up the "5" to SF as the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) would be much more beautiful, but also much, much slower. Having seen what the PCH has to offer yesterday at Santa Monica, I feel we have taken in all that we really need to take in.</p>

<p>Today, we didn't do a heck of a lot. We checked out Sunset Boulevard, Rodeo Drive, and Mulholland Drive - getting some great views of downtown L.A. and the San Fernando Valley. It took awhile, and it put us right in the backyard of one Brian Whitman - so we got together again for another animated meal. We ended up talking for about four hours through the meal and ice cream and standing outside his beautiful house (possibly previously owned by Vincent Price), and we still left feeling like we had so much more ground to cover conversationally. We didn't check out the L.A. nightlife, but Amber and I don't think we possibly could have had more fun than we had over the past two days hanging out with Brian. Plus, he treated us to dinner again, which really helps the trip stay on budget. </p>

<p>Well, I'm crossing my fingers for a good trip to SF, where I plan on meeting up with my cousins, Conroy and Mike Boylan. It was Mike's Birthday Tuesday, so this is a belated birthday wish.</p>

<p>I am pretty confident of our ability to get WiFi in the home of Silicon Valley, so the pictures and blogs should continue.</p>

<p>Check out the new Vegas pics.</p>

<p>P.S. The band I'm giving much buzz "The Killers" - who have yet to release an album - had their single played on KROQ today. It took me a minute to place it, but I was very happy. The Killers Fever - Catch It!</p>
Blog
Advanced
Advanced

Postby dd » Thu May 6, 04 7:20pm

Thanks for taking the vegas sign pic for me. It will look scrumtrulescent when I put it on the front of my photo album. The pics look like you're having a good time. It makes me want to drive cross-country all the more.
Your agenda of hope just made me shit my pants. -Jon Stewart
dd
Intermediate
Intermediate

Return to Comments for Chris Boylan .com articles