I like how boogers smell

This is where article comments will be kept.

I like how boogers smell

Postby CommentBot » Mon Feb 13, 06 5:57am

<a href="/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=77&Itemid=56">Link back to the article</a>.<br /> <font size=1>(Note: This is original version of article. It may have been edited. Click on link above for most recent version.)<br />(<a href="http://chrisboylan.com/comments">PhpBB Joomla Comments by Chris Boylan</a>)</font><br /><p>I just want to warn everyone right off the bat that this is not a metaphor or something.&nbsp; I actually like the smell of boogers.&nbsp; I suspect it comes from the same place where you like your own farts, but not those of others - but I don't hear people talking about this as much, so maybe not.</p><p>I am currently entering about day 6 of a cold/flu - it started off weak, but then gathered strength over the weekend, much like the Nor'easter that dropped two feet of snow on my parents' (and my childhood) home.&nbsp; Every time I get sick, I make the same observations about being sick, but I'm too sick to write them down.&nbsp; Soon, I forget them and then rediscover them when I get re-sick.&nbsp; It's my own personal <a href="http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/feature/2001/06/28/memento_analysis/index.html">Memento</a>.</p><p>One of the most exhilarating parts of being sick is that moment - it comes every two hours or so - that you're not expecting.&nbsp; It sneaks up on you and seconds before it happens you realize it is happening and all is good - until you realize what actually just took place. <br /></p> <p>The most annoying part of a cold/flu is not being able to breathe out of your nose (and dry-coughing.&nbsp; Don't forget how much dry-coughing sucks).&nbsp; At times, both nostrils are clogged and breathing out of your mouth just makes you more uncomfortable and dehydrated. Most of the time, however, you can breathe out of one nostril.&nbsp; You get used to it and you forget what life was like with two working nostrils.&nbsp; Then IT happens.</p><p>There is a slight bubbling of the nose in the clogged nostril.&nbsp; Oh my God!&nbsp; Is it possible?&nbsp; May the clogged nostril be opening up?&nbsp; You can blow it or sniffle - it doesn't matter because either way this puppy is going to be free!&nbsp; </p><p>Right then - the smell of boogers.&nbsp; Oh, it is all that it ever could be.&nbsp; You can breathe, and with every inhallation you get the smell of boogers to fill your lungs.&nbsp; It is so perfect, yet confusing.&nbsp; How could something that tastes so bad dripping down the back of your throat smell so good in your nose?&nbsp; </p><p>But as soon as you are no longer distracted by the wonderful odor in your nose, you notice that the previously free nostril is now closed.&nbsp; No matter the euphoria of freedom just seconds ago, you are still running at 50% of honking capacity.&nbsp; So, you go back and sit on the couch, get under a blanket and watch more TV you would never watch if you weren't sick.&nbsp; Like the Olympics.<br /></p>
CommentBot
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby amber » Tue Feb 14, 06 9:20am

there is something seriously wrong with you.
and i suppose me too via association.
am
amber

Return to Comments for Chris Boylan .com articles