How Do They Run This Country?

Click here to read general posts by and about Chris and all of his Chrisness.

How Do They Run This Country?

Postby Brendan » Wed Sep 14, 05 10:29pm

Through all the crap surrounding Katrina, and conservatives feigning concern for "the colored", I never saw anything that made it transparent to anyone that the GOP just doesn't give a shit about 95% of this country. That was until I saw this:

Sensenbrenner to Katrina Victims: Drop Dead, Redux

I know all of the people that frequent these forums hold highly similar political views so this won't serve to convert anyone or stir up a lively debate, but every so often I like to remind myself that the GOP of today is not just a group of people who see a different way to do things. They will move mountains to keep a vegetable of a human alive, but sacrificing the elimination of the estate tax is a higher priority than finding out what went wrong with FEMA or helping out people that were truly screwed by a natural disaster augmented by poor government planning. If either the Senate or the House doesn't go back to the Democrats in 2006, then they should just fold.

Vent, discuss, lament...
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 19, 05 1:28am

Well, before there would be a fervent debate, I'm guessing you would need a web master that actually updated his site frequently enough to draw people's attention. But, we can blame Deirdre for this since she promised to do much posting and contributed two stories.

Good times.

I think the most disgusting part of this is that they want to permanently repeal the estate tax and are willing to screw over the Katrina victims to do so. The estate tax is the most progressive and simultaneously American tax we have. Isn't this country all about proving your worth? Isn't it about how your abilities and work ethic are what make you successful instead of who your ancestors were?

That was kind of why we fought off the whole "King" thing in the first place, right? It was because you have to earn your status, not be born into it.

And then we elected a guy because his Dad was President. So maybe not.

If I ever make millions, I will not be passing them along to my heirs. They will get enough so that they will never be poor, but if they want to live in luxury, they're going to have to earn it themselves. If I can afford some stupid sports car, it's because I busted my ass for years, not because Daddy's doing well.

Anyhow, why does the religious right, the "compassionate conservatives" keep supporting these weasels? Oh, because they vote for people based on their proclaimed "faith" in God. If you want people who live out the meaning of Christianity to represent you, then vote for such people. Just don't be surprised if the guy who says he prays every day doesn't actually represent you. Because anybody can stand up and talk about how close they are to God.

Or something.
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

In my defense

Postby dd » Mon Sep 19, 05 11:27pm

In my defense I posted an update on Arrested Development (which was on tonight and hilarious) and a post entitled Ranchero Countdown that no one replied to.

I'm not as smart as you, Brendan or Allison. Therefore my posts will not be intelligent. They will not be well thought out. And they will mostly consist of pictures. Since this is what my posts are like, pardon me for not posting more often on a board that is above the occasional fart joke. Or occasional Hooker/onion joke. I hope you get a google search on that last line. Its sad but I spend a lot of time on what I write up here. Because I want it to be funny.

I have a job that requires I take a light siesta from roughly May 14th to August 30th. So when August rolls around, getting back into the swing of things is tough. I'm trying to get my sleep pattern back to school mode rather than "whenever" mode.

Plus Amy got engaged and I'm her Maid of Honor. AKA Crisis Handler.

And I just started feeling the pangs of an earache. And the Boylan's know that deedee and ears are not a good combo. Never have been. Never will be.

On the plus side I received the first ever "Teacher of the Week" Award at my school. The prize is a "Go home early card" or "Get out of jail free card." Basically as long as our work is done and we don't have a class I can hand in this card and go home early that day. I'm hoping there is no expiration date, and I can save it for a day in May when the seniors have finished classes, and I'm done teaching. Im hoping I can just give it to them the day before and say, "Yeah. I'm not gunna come to work tomorrow."

So.... SUCK ON THAT!

Oh and there haven't been too many fishing stories in the news, so I'm all out of material.
Your agenda of hope just made me shit my pants. -Jon Stewart
dd
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 19, 05 11:46pm

Blah... blah... blah...

DD, we're on equal footing for posts the past month, and your name isn't the URL, so I think you're doing okay. I heard about your teacher award, congratulations!

Amber did so well at her job they gave her the bad timeslot award! Yup, because of her high ratings, she has been moved from 10-3 (middays) to 6-10 (evenings). My employer rocks!
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General - Chris Boylan