Chris gets paid for this

This is where article comments will be kept.

Chris gets paid for this

Postby Blog » Mon Jul 5, 04 11:41pm

Permanent link to: <br /><br /><a href="http://www.chrisboylan.com/blog/archives/000276.php">Chris gets paid for this</a>

<p>Yes, for reasons unknown, I do get paid for doing a morning show. Well, actually - as I believe Rock said, "I'd do the show for free. They pay me to get up at 3:50 in the morning." Well, they don't pay enough for that. Ever. There is no amount of money that is worth feeling tired and miserable all day. And yet, here I am. </p>

<p>I'm getting to sleep earlier and am becoming less paranoid, so the sleep is more restful. You know when you have something big happening early the next morning, like the first day of school, a new job or a long drive? And no matter how much you want to sleep, you can't do it? You've somehow forgotten how to go from laying down, eyes closed over to unconscious. Like there is some trick you do every night and you just can't remember what it is tonight. </p>

<p>The day after that non-sleep is the most painful day of your life. That is how almost every day feels when you do a morning show at first. Then, slowly... bit-by-bit... you care a little less every day. You become confident that you will wake up when the alarm goes off. And even better, you stop fearing that you'll have four and a half hours to fill with 20 minutes of stuff to talk about. It just becomes easy.</p>

<p>It isn't quite there yet, but I can see signs of it coming around the corner. As Amber said today, after we cleaned out our bedroom finally after moving in, "A few more days like this and life will almost seem worth living!"</p>

<p>P.S. As a quick taste of some of what I've done, here's six quick mp3s of bits I did for just before the 4th. You know how political ads are always taking shots at the other candidate while saying they are above the fray? What if companies began doing the same thing?</p>

<p>(listen to them in order)<br />
<a href="/media/afa1.mp3">American Fireworks Association, Spot 1</a><br />
<a href="/media/csm2.mp3">Coalition of Sparkler Manufacturers, Spot 2</a><br />
<a href="/media/afa3.mp3">American Fireworks Association, Spot 3</a><br />
<a href="/media/csm4.mp3">Coalition of Sparkler Manufacturers, Spot 4</a><br />
<a href="/media/afa5.mp3">American Fireworks Association, Spot 5</a><br />
<a href="/media/csm6.mp3">Coalition of Sparkler Manufacturers, Spot 6</a></p>
Blog
Advanced
Advanced

funny audio

Postby spolito » Thu Jul 8, 04 12:25am

Nice! That's the Chris Boylan I remember working with, all right. Very funny!

- Shawn
spolito

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 8, 04 4:45am

What part do you remember? The tiredness, the bitterness, or the part where I wrote long, elaborate bits that no listener stuck around with long enough to get the payoff?

I really shouldn't reply to posts before I've had my nap.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Comments for Chris Boylan .com articles