Blast from the past

Click here to read general posts by and about Chris and all of his Chrisness.

Blast from the past

Postby sara1216 » Sat Mar 27, 04 9:33am

Chris-
Came across your website and just wanted to say hi. Remember me, Sara, I interned at the showgram with you back in the day...but I was there first. I love that you guys are all together in MI. I miss hearing Rocky and Blain's voices her in NYC. Please say hi to everyone for me and tell Al I owe him and email. Since I did the big cross over to TV, I've been working steadily for 6 years, wonder what would have happened if I stayed in radio. Hope to hear from you soon.
sara1216
New
New

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 27, 04 3:52pm

Of course I remember you. When I first started, all the joy of pulling drops, keeping the log/"Bible", and sitting in the phone pit was split between you and me (you and I?). I remember you got a job at Rosie, but obviously you no longer work there. Where are you working at now?

If you want to know what would have happened over the last six years if you had worked in radio instead of TV... the only difference is that in radio you would not have been working steadily. On the verge of being unemployed for the third time in three years, I sometimes wish I had done something more respectable.

Naah. I prefer the whole no respect thing.
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jbird31 » Wed Apr 7, 04 9:44am

Well I might as well send my props to. How are you Chris? I was also with you back at PLJ. Although now i'm in Network radio Sales. I guess going from production to the Sales end I'm now obligated to kick my own a$$.

Jay "Bird" Green
jbird31
New
New

Postby Chris » Thu Apr 8, 04 12:29am

Jay - I definitely remember you and your contributions to to "You Do the Movie". If I recall correctly, you worked at a movie theater, allowing you a much broader knowledge of movies than anyone else could afford. I'm terribly sorry to hear you've gone to the dark side of radio (sales), but everybody knows that the dark side pays better - so I don't feel that bad. May I ask where you are currently?

In addition, at about the same time as you, Squeaky, Nod (Don), Stick, and Ghost worked at the Showgram, as well as others that I do not recall at this time of night. Do you remember any of them or where they are now?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jbird31 » Thu Apr 8, 04 9:25am

I do remember all of them. Can't say I know where they are now although I believe Ghost may have spontaneously combusted on a very sunny day.

I'm now at a company called Dial Communications - Global Media in Manhattan.
www.dial-global.com
jbird31
New
New

Postby Chris » Sat Apr 10, 04 8:41pm

To those who don't know, Ghost was a borderline albino from Belgium.

Jay - Isn't it funny how many different ways there are to be in the radio industry? I thought there was just being a DJ or a salesman for a local station when I started, but I have since realized that there are hundreds of companies that exist outside of the local station circle, and are actually much more successful. Makes me want to have an actual job.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jbird31 » Tue Apr 13, 04 3:08pm

Yeah, it definitely surprised me too. Never thought Id be the director of research for a Network Radio Firm. I still think I should kick my own ass though.
jbird31
New
New

Postby Chris » Tue Apr 13, 04 7:11pm

Well, I'm hoping that garbage collection is radio related, because that might be the next paycheck.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General - Chris Boylan