ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!

Click here to read general posts by and about Chris and all of his Chrisness.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!

Postby Chris » Sat Apr 24, 04 2:31pm

Alright, so this draft thing went a bit nuts. The Giants waited at #4, and selected Phillip Rivers -- WITH NO TRADE IN THE WORKS!!! Are you insane Ernie Accorsi? Then, they talk with San Diego and trade Rivers to San Diego for Eli Manning. Okay, good so far.

Until Ernie Accorsi struck. The Giants also gave up their third this year and their FIRST AND FIFTH NEXT YEAR!!!!! WTF!!!!! Why did they give up next years first!! Interviews with Accorsi and A.J. Smith (the Chargers GM) indicate that the Giants had SD on the ropes, but went ahead and gave up all leverage by picking Rivers without a trade on the board. As a result, they don't have a number one pick next year. Good job Ernie!

This doesn't mean I hate Eli either, just the trade. I think Eli is a good pickup.
I'm the Chris Boylan who runs Chris Boylan dot com. So there.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 25, 04 3:04am

And now I'm speechless...

Giants 2nd round pick

Even if you have no interest in football, take the 30 seconds to read this story. Amber's jaw dropped when she heard it.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Brendan » Sun Apr 25, 04 5:19pm

Yeah, that was certainly a gem. Well, at least you know that he's familiar with him as an individual.

FYI
UD Draft picks
DE Shawn Johnson - 6th round Oakland
QB Andy Hall - 6th round Philadelphia

Hall was drafted ahead of Clausen, Josh Harris, Smoker, Navarre, Cody Pickett, and B.J. Symons. Eagles pick up another local Payton Award Finalist after drafting Westbrook a few years ago. He went from a undrafted FA, to a late seventh with his first workout, then eventually to the sixth after some more workouts. He's very athletic, also ran a 4.65, and was one of the top offensive players in I-AA despite playing with numerous injuries, including a shoulder that needed surgury throughout the playoffs.
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Brendan » Sun Apr 25, 04 5:34pm

Manning apparently bought #10 from Jeff Feagles who will now wear #17. I haven't heard anything about how much, but it's an interesting story as well.
Brendan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 25, 04 8:41pm

Manning will pay for the Feagles' family vacation to Florida. Sounds fair. Feagles will take #17 since it is his 17th year in the league.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General - Chris Boylan